Top Interview Questions (Top 5, Top 50, Leadership, Interesting/Creative ones...)
General Interview Questions:
Tell me about yourself.
What is your biggest strength? (or what are your strengths?)
What is your biggest weakness? (or what are your weaknesses?)
Why do you want to work for our company? (or why are you interested in the position?)
Can you tell us about a time you experienced conflict within a team and how you handled the situation?
Top Interview Questions: Leadership / Management
Please provide an example of how you've demonstrated leadership skills.
What is your leadership style?
Are you more effective in a group or one on one basis?
How have you motivated your others? (or how have you gained commitment from your team?)
What is your greatest leadership achievement?
Tell me about someone you have mentored or coached to achieve success?
Top Interesting / Creative Interview Questions:
What would your autobiography be called?
How would you describe this job to a child or to a grandma?
Describe your life using film title(s).
If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be?
If you were the CEO of a company (or your current company), name one thing you would make compulsory in the office and one thing you would ban in the office.
What would your pet say about you if we asked for a reference?
Everyone has a app idea. What’s yours?
If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be? and why?
What is the funniest thing happened to you recently?
Glassdoor listed Top Oddball Interview Questions. Here are some of them I found quite interesting. :
What was the last thing you Googled? (@Tim Hortons, Canada)
Another similar question: What have you learned last week? (@Trivago, Germany)
Which Game of Thrones character do you like most? (@Bench Accounting)
If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us? (Crew, @Trader's Joe's)
Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners. (Office Manager, @BenefitsCONNECT)
How would you rate your memory? (Front Desk Associate, @Marriott)
What do you think about when you are alone in your car? (Associate Analyst, @Gallup)
What songs best describes your work ethic? (Consumer Sales, @Dell)
Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it? (Product Development, @Amazon)
How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building? (Pricing/Revenue Management Analyst, @JetBlue)
Which 30 German companies are in the DAX (German Stock Index)? (@Roland Berger, Germany)
How can we move Mount Fuji? (@TELUS, Canada)
Who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Batman? (@Stanford University)
The advice is to answer questions relates to your personality or relates to the industry you are interviewed with. And try to answer it in a logical way.
Here are links talked about how to answer some of the weird/unusual interview questions.
careeraddict (answer weird questions)
careeraddict (answer hard questions)
Top 50 Interview Questions (from Glassdoor report)
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses? (similar to #8, #38)
- Why are you interested in working for us?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- Why do you want to leave your current company? (similar to #21)
- Why was there a gap in your employment between these two dates?
- What can you offer us that someone else can’t? (similar to #20)
- What are three things your former manager would like you to improve on? (similar to #2, #38)
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
- What is your dream job?
- How did you hear about this position?
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days/60 days/90 days on the job?
- Discuss your resume.
- Discuss your educational background.
- Describe yourself.
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- Why should we hire you? (similar to #7)
- Why are you looking for a new job? (similar to #5)
- Would you work holidays/weekends? (similar to #48)
- How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?
- What are your salary requirements?
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
- Who are our competitors?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What motivates you?
- What’s your availability?
- Who’s your mentor?
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.
- How do you handle pressure?
- What is the name of our CEO?
- What are your career goals?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- What would your direct reports say about you?
- What were your bosses’ strengths/weaknesses?
- If I called your boss right now and asked him what is an area that you could improve on, what would he say? (similar to #2, #8)
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- What was the last book you read for fun?
- What are your co-worker pet peeves?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite website?
- What makes you uncomfortable?
- What are some of your leadership experiences?
- How would you fire someone?
- What do you like the most and least about working in this industry?
- Would you work 40+ hours a week? (similar to #22)
- What questions haven’t I asked you?
- What questions do you have for me?