• Residence Permit / EU Blue Card (Aufenthaltskarte / Blaue Karte EU):
    You need to change your visa (the one you have now is for 90-days stay only) to a longer-term residence permit (either residence permit or blue card).
    For citizens of the EU, EEA or Switzerland, visa or work permit is not required.

    There are two prerequisites of applying for the EU Blue Card:

    1. a university degree,
    2. A job offer with a minimum gross salary of €52,000 per year. In the fields of shortage occupations, for example, mathematics, IT, natural sciences, medicine or engineering, a gross salary of €40,560 per year. (Date updated: February 2018)

    The EU Blue Card is initially valid for up to 4 years and can be extended. If the employment contract is for less than 4 years, the EU Blue Card will be issued for the duration of the employment contract plus 3 months. During the first 2 years, you can only change jobs with the written permission of the relevant Aliens Office.

    There are several advantages of holding an EU Blue Card. Here are two examples:

    1. Your family members are entitled to obtain a residence permit without having any proficiency in the German language before entering the country. Spouses will immediately receive an unrestricted work permit.
    2. You can be granted a permanent residence title (national settlement permit), if you have worked in a highly skilled occupation for a period of 33 months and have paid contributions into a pension scheme. If you can demonstrate that you have proficiency in the German language to level BI, then it is possible to obtain the permit after 21 months.

    Berlin: Quick Links

  • 6
  • 12
  • 5
  • 8
  • 6
  • 13
  • 23
  • 1
Share your tips & information here to help others | Powered by NodeBB