Pasta with tomato sauce + cucumber salad
OMG~ I found my home chef’s hairs in my food.
[Tips] Always wrapping or tie your hairs while cooking to keep them out of Food.
Burning Bottom of Fried Rice
- Always use cold or overnight rice when you want to cook fried rice. Hot rice makes it sticky and easy to burn from the bottom.
- Scramble eggs first and take them out of the pan. Then add oil to the pan using medium-high heat, later add green onion or vegetables, add meats/ham if you like, stir them, and then add rice and scrambled eggs. Stir well.
OMG, food is too salty
- When you cook food, always add only a little bit of salt in the beginning. After it’s cook, you can taste it and add more salt later. Remember this trick: Taste, adjust, and then taste, adjust.
- Some ways to rescue too-salty food: add sugar, lemon, or potatoes. If it’s soup or curry, add water, milk, or fresh cream.
Asian-Style Fried Couscous / Quinoa
[Tips] When you try to follow a recipe, always follow at least 90%. If you want to revise the recipe, do it later after you are familiar with it.
Messy kitchen while you cook?
[Tips] Use a garbage bowl and put near your kitchen work station. Put trash inside immediately after chopping vegetables. This can save your cleaning time later and also keep your kitchen clean while you cook.
Summarize 9 ways to keep your kitchen clean while you cook
(Usually, there are always 10 tips. Where is the missing one??)
- Same as my previous post, always use a garbage bowl near your cutting board.
- Think through the recipe or cooking steps beforehand.
- Use a flexible cutting mat so you can put cut vegetables/meats inside the pan or bowl very easily. (see picture)
- Pick up anything that falls on the floor right away. But be careful if it’s near the stove and the stove is on. Safety is more important. This you can wait and clean it up after cooking and when the stove is off.
- Put reusable measuring teaspoons in a cup so you can easily reach and reuse them.
- Put a small plate near the stove so you can leave your spatula or soup spoon there while cooking. This avoids stains dropping from your spatula on the floor or stove.
- Use a splatter shield/screen on the stove to avoid grease splatter. (This I haven't tried it yet. Not sure if it's good to use.)
- Clean accidental stains immediately. Clean while you wait for cooking. Wipe down the counters and clean utensils right after you’re done using. Or at least leave them into the water for easy cleaning later.
- No rush, cook slowly!