Berlin Startups Tech Job Fair (Autumn 2018)
Date & Time: Thursday, November 15th, 2018, 6 PM – 9 PM
Location: WeWork Skygarden of Sony Center
6th floor, (Building D, entrance A)
Kemperplatz 1, 10785 Berlin, Germany
Link to the job board: www.techstartupjobs.com
Best Companies to Work for (Summary List)
2018 Workforce 100: Ranking the World’s Top Companies for HR
No 1. Salesforce.com Inc.
No 2. Delta Air Lines Inc.
No 3. Bain & Co.
No 4. Ultimate Software
No 5. Facebook Inc.
No 6. Accenture
No 7. Deloitte
No 8. Starbucks Corps.
No 9. Google
No 10. Adobe
“Now in its fifth year, the Workforce 100 recognizes companies that excelled in HR over the course of the previous year.
The research team created a model to sift through publicly available data on HR performance to separate the best from the rest. To give employees more of a say in the rankings, we asked recruiting and job-review website Glassdoor to provide data on what workers are saying about the companies that made our list. From there, we combined that information with the public data available to create our 2018 Workforce 100 list.” - according to workforce.com
The scores include 7 core areas:
- Workplace culture
- Employee benefits
- Diversity and inclusion
- Employee development and talent management
- Human resources innovation
- Leadership development
- Talent acquisition
The working assumption behind the list is that high performance in these core categories provides a reasonable proxy for overall HR excellence.
Read the full list and more details at workforce.com
World’s Best Multinational Workplaces 2017 (Great Place to Work)
“With caring culture focused on excellence, innovation, and bettering the world, Salesforce tops the World’s Best Workplaces list.”
- The Adecco Group
- SAS Institute
Read the full list at greatplacetowork.com
100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 (Fortune)
What surprises me is that Google is not on the list this year! What happened?? I thought I was reading a wrong list since for many years, Google has been ranked first on the list.
Here is the comment from one of the HRDive articles,
Companies (like Google) that drop the ball when dealing with sensitive issues like pay transparency won't win accolades from employees, regardless of their reputation or benefits.
- Wegmans Food Markets
- Ultimate Software
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Edward Jones
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
Read the full list at fortune.com
Top Companies 2018: Where the U.S. wants to work now (according to LinkedIn)
LinkedIn’s ranking is based on data from its 500+ million members. Metrics include:
- Job demand: The rate of people applying for jobs through LinkedIn.
- Engagement with the company: How many professionals are viewing a company's career page? How many new followers has the company attracted?
- Interest in its employees: How many non-employees are viewing and asking to connect with a company's employees?
- Employee retention: Are employees sticking around for at least a year?
(This analysis only includes companies with 500+ employees. LinkedIn and Microsoft were omitted from the rankings. )
- Comcast NBCUniversal
- The Walt Disney Company
- McKinsey & Company -
- Time Warner
- Dell Technologies
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Goldman Sachs
- Boston Consulting Group
- Live Nation Entertainment
- Morgan Stanley
- National Basketball Association
- National Football League
- Capital One
- Johnson & Johnson
- Tableau Software
- Jobseekers are thinking beyond perks
At Amazon, you can work on industry-leading projects.
At Hootsuite, Canada, a "stretch program", you can spend one day a week trying out a new position.
- Top companies are committing resources to diversity, hire for skill sets over diplomas.
- Top companies are rethinking healthcare, cutting costs and improving coverage for employees, or combining technology with care.
Read more at LinkedIn.com
Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in Germany 2018 (according to LinkedIn)
- McKinsey & Company
- Alphabet Inc.
- Huawei Technologies
- Boston Consulting Group
- HERE Technologies